Lightdesignagency has set the goal of integrating natural light and artificial light into the creative process of architectural design, in order to bring an extra dimension to space while respecting technical and energy constraints. Working closely with architects and engineers enables them to optimize lighting solutions and to create the link between aesthetics and technique.
Lightdesingagency was founded by Evelyne Aebischer and Philippe Bovigny. Evelyne Aebischer is an architect and has specialized in lighting design since the end of her studies in 1997. Having worked for several years for a lighting manufacturer and supply company, Aebischer was able to acquire the technical knowledge of lighting. She also followed the steps in the process of designing and manufacturing lighting fixtures, which today allows her to design specific lighting fixtures for various projects.
Philippe Bovigny is a trained electrical engineer who acquired his technical knowledge while working for various electrical engineers, enabling him to interact with technicians in the field. He received additional training as a project manager and worked for several years for a lighting manufacturer and supplier.
In 2005 Evelyne Aebischer and Philippe Bovigny joined forces, knowledge and skills and created the lighting design company Aebischer & Bovigny in Switzerland and since 2017, the lightdesingagency LLC in Los Angeles and New York.
In the process of architectural creation and design, light is one of the most crucial elements. The role of lightdesingagency is to create unique lighting concepts whilst respecting technical, aesthetic, economic and ecological aspects. Their experience and attention to detail, allows them to connect and work with architects, designers, technicians and contractors to fulfil concepts from start to finish.
Lightdesignagency will advise their clients in innovative lighting options, offering an array of selections from nowadays ever-evolving LED lighting technology. They constantly seek original reliable and aesthetic solutions, while respecting the environment. Their lighting concepts are based on a wide selection of existing products on the market and specific developments with Swiss manufactures. They design carefully crafted exclusive pieces and also a small series.
Lightdesignagency lighting consultation has six stages:
- Concept: this is the first approach to the lighting concept in accordance with the architectural project. 3D visualisations and sketches are presented and discussed with both the architect and the client.
- Development: once the lighting concept is chosen, the CAD drawings with the location of the lighting and the technical lighting calculations to check the values and distribution of the light are carried out.
- Budget: an estimated budget of lighting supply is provided.
- Details: once the architectural project is defined, they check the lighting fixture plans.
- Construction: supervising the work on-site and adapting the concept of light if necessary.
- Achievement: completion of the lighting project, tuning of the light and maintenance manual for the user.
Lightdesignagency also provides consultation services for smaller projects, analysing existing layouts and developing solutions for workspaces, conference rooms, sales floors, showrooms, as well as private residences.
SEE ALSO: LIGHTING ELYSIUM – LIGHTING ART DESIGN